Join us in the 3-day celebration October 12-14 ! Oregon City High School band will be playing on Friday at 5:30 pm!
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 12th — ”An Evening of Arts and Culture”
- 4-9pm — RiPPLe Arts Walk - Oregon City Main Street (Silent auction ends at 8:15) see more
- 5pm — Geocache Challenge (runs throughout festival) see more
- 5-9pm — West Linn/Oregon City Business and Restaurant Showcase - Vendor booths along 8th St in Oregon City
- 5:30pm — March of the Bands Oregon City/West Linn High Schools Festival Kick-off on the Bridge
6pm — Bridge open to the public for strolling, picnicking see more
Take in the grandeur of the newly restored 1922 bridge and enjoy a view of Willamette Falls on foot or bike. The Oregon City / West Linn Arch Bridge opens for walkers and bicyclists starting at 6:00 p.m. This is your chance to spend time on the bridge without traffic.
- 6pm — Willamette Falls Locks Benefit Dinner – Museum of the Oregon Territory (Register online – $50, fundraiser dinner benefiting Willamette Falls Locks – limited seating)
6-9pm — Chocolate & Wine tasting plus Kevin Selfe & The Tornadoes - Main Pavilion Tent see more
A special wine and chocolate garden tasting will be presented in the Main Pavilion Tent. Sample wines from Forest Edge, King’s Raven and Christopher Bridge, along with chocolates from The Dark Chocolatier and Michelle’s Chocolates/Truffles. Enjoy musical sounds by Kevin Selfe & The Tornadoes.
Saturday, October 13th — “Family Fun Day”
- 9am-9pm — Bridge open to the public for strolling, picnicking
- 9am-9pm Costumed Re-enactors (perfomances at 11am and 2pm)
- 9am — Geocache Challenge (runs throughout festival) see more
- 9am-2pm — Artisan Farmers Market – Main Pavilion Tent see more
- 10am-3pm — Interactive RiPPLe Legacy Sculpture with Ben Dye - West Linn side of bridge see more
- 10am-3pm — Plein Air Artist Painting by Melissa Gannon, Leland John and Gary Michael - on the Bridge see more
- 10am-9pm — Sternwheeler Rose Tours - Jon Storm dock see more
- 10am-4pm — Trolley Heritage Tour – explore heritage sites and open houses along a 1-hour trolley loop see more
- 10am-6pm — RiPPLe Arts Walk- Oregon City Main Street see more
- 11am-3pm — Speakers, Authors & Experts see more
- 12-6pm — Jet Boat Rides (paid admission) see more
- 2-6pm — Grand Ronde Tribal Encampment - Native American drumming, dancing and craft demonstrations – Clackamette Park
3pm-8pm — Great Performances- local bands live on stage at the Event Main Tent see more
3-4:30pm — Lisa Mann & Sonny Hess
4:45-6pm — Ellen Whyte
6:15-7:45pm — Deep Blue Soul Revue
- 5-6pm — Lighted boat flotilla & Sunset Drumming/Dancing – Clackamette Park
- 7-9pm — Sternwheeler Rose - light dinner, desert, no host bar (ticketed event) see more
8pm — Fireworks over the Willamette River see more
Come join us as we reunite West Linn and Oregon city in grand style with fireworks! Viewing areas will be along the Oregon City riverfront promenade, at the top of the Oregon City elevator and on the bridge. Fun for the entire family! Sponsored by the Cities of Oregon City and West Linn, as well as Wildish Standard Paving Co., Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc. and OBEC.
Sunday, October 14th “Get Active Day”
- 9am — Family 5K Fun Run - Clackamette Park register online
- 9am — Fun-athlon (paddle, pedal, run) – Clackamette Park register online
- 9am — Geocache Challenge- (runs throughout festival) see more
- 10am-3pm — RiPPLe Arts Walk- Oregon City Main Street see more
- 10am-3pm — Trolley Heritage Tour explore local heritage sites along a 1-hour trolley loop
- 1pm — Rededication of Wedding Vows Ceremony - on the Bridge – Register online
2pm — Bridge Re-opening Celebration - Oregon City side of Bridge see more
Celebrate with us as we open the Oregon City/West Linn Arch Bridge to all traffic. Leaders from the Oregon Department of Transportation, the Mayors of Oregon City and West Linn, the Grand Ronde Tribe and Wildish Standard Paving will lead the celebration. Join us as we dedicate two time capsules, cut the ribbon to formally open the bridge and watch a parade of historic cars to be first to travel across the bridge before it reopens to all early Monday morning, October 15.
- 2:30pm — First Across the Bridge Parade walkers, bikes and antique cars
- 3:00pm — Rededication Reception - Pacific Crest Ballroom
- 3-10pm — Bridge open to the public for strolling, picnicking
Monday, October 15th
- 5:00am — Bridge open to all vehicle traffic
There is sure to be something for everyone at this inaugural event!
All proceeds will benefit the Willamette Falls Navigational Canal and Locks, recently listed as one of Oregon’s Top 10 Endangered Sites by the Historic Preservation League of Oregon.